Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Live Music That Rocked (Pun Intended!)

The show was awesome! Snow Demon totally rocked the place, and Lipstick Homicide was just awesome... However, Old Man lacked... Not just to me, but I think to pretty much everyone at my table. The guitars were good, The southern rock-ish vocals were good, and the drumming was excellent. Put them all together though, and they didn't quite meld. Overall, the music was a very good part of the night. Even better was that I got to hang out with a very old friend of mine, Justin, for the first time in years. I mean, YEARS!



The members of Snow Demon were surprised to see me there, I guess. But, just because I'm not dating Adam anymore doesn't mean I'm just going to stop being their fan and come to their shows when I can make it. Andy said hi to me (in passing, but he said it first, so that was cool) and I told Brad that it they did a great show, and he looked surprised, but smiled when he said thanks. Don didn't even look at me, but as I think about it, it's totally understandable since him and Adam are close, close friends.

This was the first show that I've attended at The Mill, but I think I will definitely make it to more there! Justin, Erin, Meredith and I actually got a booth right next to the stage, which gave us a pretty good up close exposure to the bands and music, without having to worry about being jostled around on the floor and all that. It's not the same as the front view, but overall better in my opinion.

Some shots I got follows:




(Lipstick Homicide)






(Snow Demon - Brad on guitar)











(Snow Demon - Don on drums)






(Snow Demon-Brad, Andy, Cooper, & Foge)



It was a great night, the best time I've had in a long while! I'm looking forward to going to many more shows this year than last... and what entry about that night would be complete without a pic of me and my closest friend, Meredith?? :P

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Coralville, Iowa, United States