Sunday, December 13, 2009

*insert bouncy and energetic title here*

My Sunday and my weekend have seemed incredibly long. Actually, as I think about it, every day seems to drag on and on anymore. I'm finding it harder and harder to keep track of the dates, and days as they go by. A product of being an adult, I assume?

I CANNOT believe that Christmas is only eleven days away.. it seems to have snuck up on me big time this year. Not really snuck up, but just arrived with little fanfare. I'm prepared with my shopping (only a few more items to get for a friend of mine and her daughter,) but it just seems impossible that the end of the year is upon us. I tend to get melancholy around this time every year, wondering what it was exactly that I accomplished during the previous eleven and a half months. And the answer always tends to be closer to 'nada' than anything substantial. I do have lots that I WANT to do, but nowhere near enough money or ability to actually do them. So, for the moment, I am living vicariously through Meredith for my travel dreams, (and learned languages,); my musician friends for the abilities they have for instruments and vocals; and my best friend Jenny for her adorable son(and my godson).... dreams are good, and I love sharing in my friends and family's successes so it's not completely a losing situation, right?

~~insert sneezing fit here~~

God, I hate being sick... It's been more and more lately that I am not feeling well or am physically sick, or just so lethargic that I can't do much. Friday, yesterday and off/on today I've been feeling very physically ill. And today, I barely had the energy to do more than sitting upright on the computer or watching TV. Add that in with the fact that I seem to break out in hives whenever I take any sort of medication and my active asthma and I am just miserable. Yes, dear reader, I do plan on going into the doctor soon, but I need to wait until after the first of the year if at all possible. That's when my insurance will kick in again.

One of the things that I cannot get out of my head that I want to do is a correspondence course for Administrative Assistant. I've been thinking about it more and more for the last couple of years ~~ ever since I had to take medical leave for my back and my doctor told me then that I needed to find a new job. After months of trying to sort through what I want and like to do, it narrowed down to this field. http://www.scitraining.com/Courses_US/Administrative_Assistant_Secretary/Course.htm

I've done research on this particular place and on the effectiveness of completion of correspondence classes on new (and better) employment and haven't seen much negativity from reliable sources. I do know that if it would be productive and real, I would ask Santa for financial help in obtaining this dream of mine.. I figure, if he can afford to run the North Pole toy factories and pay all the little people salaries, $37.16 a month would be a reindeer drop in the snow! Alas, it doesn't work that way..

It's funny how people drift in and out of your life, you know? There's a major handful that come and go on a regular basis in my life. Just off the top of my head, this would include Gabe/Becky, Joshua and Jenna.

It seems like forever that I've known both Gabe and Becky.. Gabe was the first boyfriend that I ever had, Becky used to date my brother and now is dating Gabe..

Josh, I've known since 2nd grade. However, we lost contact for about five years after he graduated high school and joined the service. We still talk via text, but it's odd.

Jenna is actually my exes sister, and a pretty cool chick. I looked her up earlier this year, and she was more than willing to chat. Unlike her brother, that is. I did write him last month, extending a possible olive branch of friendship, but it was shot down. Not by him, but by his girlfriend. I think that's odd, he must be whipped because he used to be his own man and not let others tell him what to do. Oh well, maybe he'll change his mind sooner or later... Everything happens for a reason, right?

Gah, drifting asleep at the keyboard without really realizing it. That's a signal that I should go crash into my bed, don't you think? I think I'm going to go make a hot tea for my upset stomach and hopefully fall asleep the right way under my covers in bed very shortly. I was so appreciative of how understanding and nice Adam was about not getting together this weekend. He got a ride with Tim to come see me for a few minutes at my work, after I told him that I was sick.. and then was very nice about me needing today to rest. We definitely will have to get together soon! I hope he likes his Christmas presents, I'm impatient to give him one of them, I spent weeks thinking about what to get him, and the idea dawned on me last week. And even if he hates it, I hope he's a good actor! :)

Until next time, dear reader! I hope you have a good start to your week!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Coralville, Iowa, United States