Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A retraction, and apology if you will...

The more I learn about my father, the more I DON'T want him to be a part of my life, and am happy I don't have to claim him by last name. (Or in any other way.)

My blogging about him has stirred up quite the response from people that I have mentioned. And apparently, I can add 'compulsive liar' to the traits that he has, that I do not want my future significant other to have. This is where the apology comes in. I stated in my entry, 'It's all relative', that I was used to mood swings due to a former step-sister having bi-polar. I was told this by my father shortly after I met my former step-family, and had no reason not to accept it as being fact, seeming that it was my father who told me and I didn't realize that he would tell un-truths about his family.The truth is, that neither the one that messaged me or her sister have been ever been diagnosed with bi-polar. Seems that from day one he was lying to me, and why I couldn't begin to guess. I'm sorry to you all. And I wonder if anything he ever told me was true or not.

In response to only meeting the handful of times, I also wanted to let you guys know that I did try to get in further contact with you, by asking him for your email address or phone numbers for many years, before your mother and him divorced. He kept saying he'd get them to me, but never happened. This was in addition of wanting to come up for the weekend, and he would brush those off as well..


Strange.. with the writing lately, I feel lighter, like a weight I didn't realize was so heavy has been lifted.. I think I've totally accepted what I can't change from my past, and can only use that information to make sure my future doesn't repeat itself...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Coralville, Iowa, United States