Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Another day done..

The end of another day in the life. Not too shabby of a day overall. Some decent parts, and some not so good parts, like any other day.

I didn't really feel like being around many people today, but half of the customers were all right. Kathy irked me like usual-but what else is new? She ignored a few customers and I had to take care of them even thought I was deep cleaning a case. (I wouldn't have minded, except I was in the middle of my project and she hadn't made it past the counter with the bit of freight she was going to put away. But enough ink and paper waster on her for this entry!)

I did have a highlight when Jen and her mom came in with Austin! Seven weeks old, and already I can see his beginning developments. Such a little angel! Of course, I had to hold him and so I held him for about five minutes while i was still in the department, and went and clocked out for lunch. Then I kidnapped him from Jen's mom, and Jen and I walked around with him for about a half hour. His favorite way for me to held him so his tiny head nestled against my right sho9uld and his hand holding as tight as he can onto it. Poor little thing had the hiccups, abut it was adorable! I';m hoping they maybe they can come down this weekend or next with him to my house again.

A rather disappointing thing though is that Adam and I had made plans for a romantic candlelit dinner tonight here. Unfortunately he couldn't make it. So, I settled myself with my usual mac and cheese with hot dogs and a strawberry ice cream cone for desert. Oh well, its' okay I understand why he had to cancel. He doesn't really have any choice.

I saw one of my old sociology classmates today as well. Shes looking great! and definitely has that distinct glow. Shes going to have a baby girl in a few months, I guess.

I spent about an hour tonight getting I-CAPS affairs under control, setting up a meeting with SMPS (Shoki Midwestern Paranormal Society) and running over the most major details with Tymon on the phone. I needed to type up the member applications and mail to Dak at SMPS,, but unfortunately my Microsoft Word program is a long past expired trial version> Tymon's going to pick the applications up tomorrow and get them typed and emailed.

Last Sunday, (that I spent with Adam,) was the greatest time I've had in a long while! I am STILL thinking about how I like it so! Went to the Coralville Dam, (where I finally got fully submerged in the water for the first time this year!) And then we went to say hi to Snow Demon, but wasn't at all like he thought it would be, I think. We made a Tombstone pizza and watched, 'Wedding Crashers'. Lots of close contact, talking and cuddling as well...

(There's a brief recap since I fell asleep during the time i tried writing that entry!)

Speaking of sleep~ I can feel it trying to steal over me and steal away my consciousness, so I better turn off the light, snuggle with my puppy and let it!

Good night (or day, whichever applies when you read this!)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Coralville, Iowa, United States