Friday, June 26, 2009

Another day I wouldn't care to repeat..

My day wasn't all that great yesterday, but my mood ended on a much higher note than I anticipated when I finally fell asleep.

As soon as I got to work, I immediately wanted to come back home or disappear into nature for the entire day. My people skills went on hiatus, I was irritable, and it just kept getting worse not matter how hard I tried. Usually I sneak in a minute here and there of deep breathing and mediation on hard days, but yesterday it didn't even cross my mind to do so.

And then, the totally unexpected news- Michael Jackson died yesterday at the age of 50 due to heart problems. The media, for once isn't getting many details but they said he had cardiac arrest at his home and by the time he was at the hospital he was unresponsive.

To me, this is the equivalent to when Elvis died to the previous generation. Some of my first musical memories include M.J. I didn't believe Adam when he texted me the news`I thought he was screwing with me!

That brings me back to yesterday. Jane had gone home before I even got there, due to childcare issues. Then Samantha went home sick. (No comment on that, besides she only had to work a four and a half hour shift, she could've made it if she really wanted to.)

It was 6:40, twenty minutes left of my shift when CSM Britney cam over and told me they wanted me up front. I was trying to do all the closing things, since there would be no one int eh department for the rest of the day, so I told her I couldn't.

A few minutes later, Assistant Angie calls up tot he counter and lays in on me that I need to go up there and I need to make sure that I am helping take care of our customer over and over, I held the phone away from my ear and could still hear here! She wouldn't let me get in a word after I answered the phone, so ashamedly, (or not so much,) I hung up on her. I did go up front, but didn't' finish cleaning up the department besides taking the trash back.

I HAVE to hop in the shower, but I'll write about my wonderful night next time!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Coralville, Iowa, United States