Saturday, January 2, 2010

A new year..

..and a new beginning is upon us. That one time a year that everyone has a chance together to renew and grow as a person and a society through resolutions. I've been thinking about it and thinking about it, and there are so many things that I want to change and work on that it was very hard to narrow it down to a manageable amount.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

1.) Be my own person. No longer try to be something to suit someone else just because I want them happy. If I'm unhappy, then life just sucks. If I want to go out with friends, or just by myself, I will.

2. Speaking of going out, I want to make it to many, many more shows than I made it to last year. At least two a month if at all possible. Live music rocks, and I want to enjoy it as much as possible.

3. Be on time to work at least 90-95 percent of the time. It can't be that hard, can it? I'm a horrible procrastinator, and time just seems to slip away from me. Five minutes to me turns out to be an hour according to the clock. Sometimes, it's the other way around. Five minutes to everyone else feels like an hour to me. I wonder if this is how other people perceive time? Or I'm just kooky?

4. Get started on educating myself for a new career. I have one picked out - Administrative Assistant. I have the course chosen, and know where I am going through. I just have to save up the money to do so.

5. And of course, the requisite resolution- eat better and exercise more. I definitely can do more of both - Buy more produce and healthier food and less mac and cheese/hot dogs, as well as actually use my treadmill and exercise equipment

Wish me luck, dear readers. And good luck in your personal endeavors to better year, better health and better you!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Coralville, Iowa, United States